Representatives from PNC Bank, the Community FoodBank of New Jersey will visit the Morristown Neighborhood House.
As part of a $350,000 donation to the Community FoodBank of New Jersey’s ongoing Capital Campaign, PNC Bank has sponsored the FoodBank’s integral Kids Cafe program. After brief remarks, media will be invited to observe children enjoying a Kids Cafe meal and other activities.
WHEN: June 8, 2011 @ 2:30 p.m.
WHERE: Morristown Neighborhood House: 12 Flagler Street, Morristown, N.J. 07960
WHY: The support is crucial because:
- The Kids Cafe program is currently serving 1,200 kids per day at 13 sites across New Jersey.
- The Morristown Neighborhood house feeds 95 children per day.
- The Kids Cafe program is intended to help children escape the cycle of poverty by giving agencies and/or social service charities nutritious meals to serve in exchange for an agreement from the agencies to act as safe-havens for the children.
- The children also receive academic tutoring and a variety of recreational and educational activities under adult supervision during after school hours.
- PNC Bank’s support of the Capital Campaign comes at a crucial time for the Community FoodBank. To date, $9M out of a stated goal of $15M have been raised. Learn more about the Capital Campaign at: http://www.njfoodbank.org/campaign/.
- Learn more about the Kids Cafe program at: http://www.njfoodbank.org/programs/kids-division/kids-cafe/
CONTACT: Anthony Guido, Director of Communications and Public Relations, (908) 242-3945 or firstname.lastname@example.org.