We LOVE our Volunteers! We Can’t Do it Without You!
The Community FoodBank of New Jersey (CFBNJ) provides a meaningful volunteer experience in a positive and safe environment that is perfect for individuals, families and groups of almost any size. In the most recent year, we had 40,408 volunteer visits totaling more than 95,616 volunteer hours at our Hillside headquarters and offsite events. Our Southern Branch had 10,181 individual and group member visits, totaling 33,585 hours.
To get more information click on any of the headlines below:
Our volunteers help in many ways, in two-hour shifts. You may be asked to:
- Sort and repack food for distribution to hungry people in New Jersey.
- Sort and assemble outfits for individual children in our Kids Division.
- Prepare our bulk mailings… help to spread the word about hunger in New Jersey!
- Help at Off-site events.*
- Collect food at community food drives, including turkeys during the holiday season.
- Assist with fundraisers such as Check-Out Hunger.
*See section below, “Volunteer in your local community, make a difference near home!”
These are our regular volunteer hours:
Monday-Friday Daytime: Between 9 am and 4 pm
Tuesday Nights: Between 4:30 pm and 8 pm
Saturdays: 9 am to 11 am or 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
Please be sure to call ahead to schedule your visit!
We also have these 2016 Family Days* available:
- Sunday dates (1 pm to 3 pm): May 1, September 11 and December 11
- Spring dates (Two shifts – 9 am to 11 am / 11:30 am to 1:30 pm): March 19 and April 16
- Summer dates (9 am to 11 am): June 4, June 11, June 25, July 9, July 23, August 13 and August 27
*On Family Days children 6 years and older are welcome to volunteer with an adult. On other days, the minimum volunteer age is 12, with adult supervision.
You can volunteer throughout the week and on Saturdays. To schedule your visit, as a group or as an individual, please contact these Volunteer Coordinators, depending on where you’d like to help:
Here’s a handy checklist:
- Please be sure to call ahead to schedule your visit!
- Please fill out the necessary forms (see below).
- Need lunch for your group? See lunchtime catering below.
*Find a Volunteer coordinator in the previous section, “I want to volunteer! What do I do next?”
Senior Food Distribution/Cumberland County
We are looking for volunteers in the Cumberland County area who are able to help distribute government-subsidized commodities to low-income senior citizens on the third Tuesday of every month. Volunteers need their own transportation and must be able to help FoodBank associates load and deliver groceries in Millville. If you’re able to help with this distribution, please contact Maria Bocelle, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or 609-383-8843 ext. 114.