We LOVE our Volunteers! We Can’t Do it Without You!
The Community FoodBank of New Jersey (CFBNJ) provides a meaningful volunteer experience in a positive, safe environment that is perfect for individuals, families, and groups of almost any size. In the most recent year, we had almost 39,000 volunteer visits totaling almost 93,000 volunteer hours at our Hillside headquarters and offsite events, which equals the work of 44+ full-time employees! Our Southern Branch had more than 2,300 volunteers totaling almost 33,000 volunteer hours.
To get more info click on any of the headlines below:
Our volunteers help in many ways, in 2-hour shifts. You may be asked to:
- Sort and repack food for distribution to more than 900,000 hungry people in New Jersey
- Sort and assemble outfits for individual children in our Kids Division
- Prepare our bulk mailings…help to spread the word about hunger in New Jersey!
- Help at Off-site events*
- Collect food at community food drives, including turkeys during the holiday season
- Assist with fundraisers such as Check-Out Hunger
*See section below, “Volunteer in your local community, make a difference near home!”
These are our regular volunteer hours:
Monday-Friday Daytime: Between 9am & 4pm
Tuesday Nights: Between 4:30pm & 8pm
Saturdays: 9am-11am or 11:30am-1:30pm
Please be sure to call ahead to schedule your visit!
We also have these 2015 Family Days* available:
May 3rd, June 13th, June 27th, July 11th, July 25th, August 8th, August 22nd, September 13th and December 6th
*On Family Days children 6 years and older are welcome to volunteer with an adult. On other days, the minimum volunteer age is twelve, with adult supervision.
You can volunteer throughout the week, and on Saturdays. To schedule your visit, as a group or individuals, please contact these Volunteer Coordinators, depending on where you’d like to help:
Here’s a handy checklist:
- Please be sure to call ahead to schedule your visit! (see Volunteer Coordinators listed in section above)
- Please fill out the necessary forms, see below
- For volunteers at our Hillside facility, please view our parking diagram so you’ll know where to park when you visit.
- Need lunch for your group? See Lunchtime Catering below
- For dress code and other important info, see our
*Find a Volunteer coordinator in previous section, “I want to volunteer! What do I do next?”
Lunchtime Catering is Available
make a difference near home!
Senior Food Distribution/Cumberland County
We are looking for volunteers in the Cumberland County area who are able to help distribute government-subsidized commodities to low-income senior citizens on the third Tuesday of each month. Volunteers need their own transportation and will need to be able to help FoodBank associates load and deliver groceries in Millville. If you’re able to help with this distribution, please contact Maria Bocelle, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or 609-383-8843 ext. 114.