We LOVE Our Volunteers! We Can’t Do It Without You!
The Community FoodBank of New Jersey (CFBNJ) provides a meaningful volunteer experience in a positive and safe environment that is perfect for individuals, families and groups of almost any size. In the most recent year, we had 40,408 volunteer visits totaling more than 95,616 volunteer hours at our Hillside headquarters and offsite events. Our Southern Branch had 10,181 individual and group member visits, totaling 33,585 hours.
You may submit a request to volunteer by clicking the appropriate button below. Please note that you are not scheduled until someone from Volunteer Services contacts you to finalize the details. We look forward to seeing you at the FoodBank!
Your Hands. Your Time. Your Caring. How 2 hours can change someone’s life!
What you need before Volunteering:
To Get More Information, Click Below:
These are our regular volunteer hours:
Monday-Friday Daytime: Between 9 am and 4 pm
Tuesday Nights: Between 4:30 pm and 8 pm
Saturdays: 9 am to 11 am or 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
Please be sure to call ahead to schedule your visit!
We also have these 2016 Family Days* available:
- Sunday dates (1 pm to 3 pm): May 1, September 11 and December 11
- Spring dates (Two shifts – 9 am to 11 am / 11:30 am to 1:30 pm): March 19 and April 16
- Summer dates (9 am to 11 am): June 4, June 11, June 25, July 9, July 23, August 13 and August 27
*On Family Days, children 6 years and older are welcome to volunteer with an adult. On other days, the minimum volunteer age is 12 with adult supervision.
You can volunteer throughout the week and on Saturdays. To schedule your visit, as a group or as an individual, please contact these Volunteer Coordinators, depending on where you’d like to help:
- For corporate inquiries, please contact Faye Kuhn, Director of Volunteer Services, at 908-242-3944 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To volunteer at our Hillside headquarters, please contact Traci Hendricks, Volunteer Coordinator, at 908-355-3663 ext. 221 or email@example.com.
- To volunteer at our Egg Harbor Township facility, please contact Maria Bocelle, Volunteer Coordinator, at 609-383-8843 ext. 114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Food Distribution/Cumberland County
We are looking for volunteers in the Cumberland County area who are able to help distribute government-subsidized commodities to low-income senior citizens on the third Tuesday of every month. Volunteers need their own transportation and must be able to help FoodBank associates load and deliver groceries in Millville. If you’re able to help with this distribution, please contact Maria Bocelle, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or 609-383-8843 ext. 114.