Are you a food company (manufacturer, processor, wholesaler, distributor or food broker) interested in donating to the Community FoodBank of New Jersey? If so, please contact Tim Vogel (Hillside) or Colette Kraus (Egg Harbor Township) to learn more.
If you are a retailer, such as a supermarket or wholesale club, and are interested in donating, please consider joining our Supermarket Gleaning Program.
Top 5 Reasons To Donate
- It’s Free – We come to you with our refrigerated trucks at no charge.
- It’s Safe – Your donations are fully protected from legal liability under the “Good Samaritan Act.” In addition, our staff is trained in food safety and our 285,000 square-foot warehouse is federally certified.
- It’s Sustainable – Your company will be environmentally-friendly and will dramatically cut down on waste/disposal costs.
- It’s Tax Deductible – You will receive weekly donation receipts and can write off up to two times the cost of your donated product.
- It Makes a Difference – Your contribution helps people in need while enhancing your company’s public image as a socially responsible corporation.
Join our growing list of corporate food donors.
The Community FoodBank of New Jersey (CFBNJ) serves a network of more than 1,000 hunger-relief agencies, including food pantries and soup kitchens. We distribute your donation among hungry people quickly and efficiently.
We usually pick up donations within three business days. The FoodBank has a fleet of trucks, including five 53-foot tractor-trailers, picking up food every day. Our 285,000 square-foot Hillside facility includes: 119,000 cubic feet of freezer and cooler space, so we welcome donations of fresh and perishable foods, as well as non-perishable items.
Yes. You will promptly receive a receipt specifying the number of items or total weight received. Our entire inventory is computerized and trackable.
Yes. Current law allows you to write off up to two times the cost of your product.
No. The Federal “Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act” gives food donors protection against liability. Click Here for highlights of the law.
Our goal is to be your partner in managing and donating food you can no longer sell. Donating food is a community service that also helps you manage your inventory and costs.
- Donated product is taken out of the regular distribution channels.
- Product is not subject to sale against your own label or product the next day.
- Donation lowers the expense of waste management and distressed sales.
- Storage costs are lowered; we handle large quantities quickly and efficiently.
- Food you donate goes immediately to people in need.