In this special edition of Cooking for a Cause, three Montgomery Academy students share their healthy pina colada smootie recipe, the perfect guilt-free drink to sip by the pool this summer.
Montgomery Academy’s Make it Real program helps special needs adults, ages 18 through 21, transition from high school into work and post-secondary education. Students in the program visit the Community FoodBank of New Jersey every month to volunteer.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 banana
- Coconut flakes for topping
- Measure 1 cup of coconut milk and pour into a blender
- Add 1 banana
- Measure 1 cup of pineapple chunks and add into the blender
- Blend thoroughly until the mixture is smooth
- Pour the mixture into cups
- Add coconut flakes on top, to taste