As Chair of NJVOAD we’re helping to coordinate the relief efforts with FEMA, Red Cross, Salvation Army & Others. This includes:
- Distribution over 100,000 lbs of food each day to families displaced by Superstorm Sandy
- Providing over 50,000 prepared meals each week
- Collecting non-perishable food and hygiene kits for displaced families
WANT TO HELP?
- Donate Now (LINK) via our secure server
- Call us at (908) 355-3663 ext. 253
- Make a $10 donation by texting FEEDNJ to 80888
- International Donations (LINK)
DONATE FOOD/GROCERY ITEMS
The Community FoodBank is seeking donations of the following items:
- Meals in a can
- Canned tuna
- Peanut butter
- Canned Fruits
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Soup
- Shelf-stable Milk
- Baby Food – No Glass Jars
Donations are being accepted at the Community FoodBank location at 31 Evans Terminal, Hillside, NJ 07205 and 6735 Black Horse Pike, Egg Harbor Twp, NJ 08234.
Donations can be dropped at all of our Holiday Food & Turkey Drive locations on Saturday & Sunday, Nov. 17th & 18th. More information…
Volunteers are needed to sort food and help prepare sandwiches for distributions. More information… (LINK)
CORPORATE AND FOUNDATION DONATIONS
Please contact Theresa Forsman, Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations at (908) 355-3663 Ext. 254 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need Help? – Dial 2-1-1
If you need help in understanding and finding available assistance services, dial 2-1-1 or logo onto nj211.org to check for local resources.
You can also find information regarding government assistance as well as FEMA forms at http://www.fema.gov/disaster/4086