Fall is officially here, which means it’s peak apple season. Chef Paul shares his recipe for baked apples with cheesecake filling. After a few easy steps, you’ll enjoy this delicious treat. Try it out and tell us what you think, and follow us on social for more from our kitchen.
- 5 apples
- 10 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 oz. butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Mix cream cheese, orange zest, egg, sour cream, vanilla extract and sugar. Put in a piping bag.
- Core the apples and place in a pan small enough that they are snug fitting.
- Bake in a preheated oven (350° F) for 10 minutes.
- Remove apples from the oven. Pipe the cream cheese mixture into each apple, slightly over filling.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and top apples with the crumb.
- Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.