Why buy hummus at the store when you can make your own? Lindsey, the FoodBank’s very own registered dietitian, is sharing her super healthy Avocado Hummus recipe in honor of National Nutrition Month. Enjoy it with your snacks of choice, and follow us on social to see more from our kitchen!
- 1 15 oz. can chick peas, well drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados, cored and peeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus more for serving if desired
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Finely chopped cilantro leaves and red pepper flakes, for topping
- Pulse chick peas, olive oil, tahini, lime juice, and garlic in a food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add cumin and avocados and pulse mixture until smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes longer
- Sprinkle with cilantro and red pepper flakes
- Serve with your snacks of choice!